Disability Assessor (Back Office Role) - Homebased or Assessment Centre based
£32,000 - £34,000 - plus £1000 bonus upon achieving approval status to be an assessor
Full Time- Monday - Friday - Office Hours
Permanent – Stockton
No weekends, nights or shift work. All bank holidays off.
Are you looking for a new role that utilises your clinical knowledge, skills, and experience?
Global4Health are recruiting Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics to work within the exciting area of Disability Assessment.
In this role you will grow your clinical knowledge and work in a health and disability assessment role conducting appointments with applicants of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit.
There are 2 roles available:
1) Homebased- You will be based at home permanently and will complete all assessments over the phone. You will be expected to go into the local Assessment Centre for team meetings etc.
2) Assessment Centre based - Due to COVID-19 this role is currently home based but will return to being based in an Assessment Centre as and when it is safe to do so.
The application process for this role is also fully remote.
Please be aware in your first 6 months you will be expected to attend parts of your training in the assessment centres.
As a Disability Assessor you are classed as a Keyworker.
· Full extensive, fully-paid training is provided for approximately 20 weeks.
· Working in an office environment with other healthcare professionals, utilising your skills in a brand new environment/way
· Being able to look at more of a holistic overview of an individual who has long-term disabilities - fantastic learning experience!
· Dealing with other MDTs to gather further medical evidence
· Huge career progression opportunities with bundles of additional earning potential!
For this non patient-facing role, you will need to utilise your clinical expertise and knowledge by interpreting medical information from a Clients claim, to help support the decision making process. These are applicants for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit.
You will be helping people with their PIP cases, by understanding the extent to which an individual’s health conditions may impact their daily lives and formulating a concise and detailed report, which will be sent to the DWP for a decision to be made on their benefit claim. These claimants are likely to have long-term physical and/or mental-health disabilities.
This role is ideal for those who are passionate about delivering high quality care, yet are ready for a brand new challenge in a more non-clinical setting.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Minimum 2 years (post-qualification) broad based healthcare experience.
Excellent IT & Typing skills are essential.
Can commit to six months, on the job, fully paid training.
Full registration with the NMC or HCPC.
To apply for this role please click apply.
Alternatively, to speak to a member of the recruitment team please call 0208 878 7787 between 09:00-17:00 weekdays