We are currently recruiting a Night Manager for a prestigious care and nursing home group in Cumbria. INCLUDES A £500 STARTING BONUS.
To manage the Unit and lead a team to ensure the delivery of excellent standards of care, in accordance with the Nursing Home policies and procedures; promoting rehabilitation, independence and dignity, positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
· Ensure the highest possible standards of care - continually assessing residents' needs and wishes, developing services to enhance their quality of life.
· Champion independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
· .Build the positive reputation of the Business and unit; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders. Ensure team communication is professional and considered.
· Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge. For example psychological considerations, safe custody of property, pain management and dignity.
· Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
· Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
· Set in place rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees.
· Proactively monitor all standards of care; undertaking audits and implementing corrective action where appropriate.
· Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
· To assist with all people management duties, including but not exclusively; recruitment, training and career development, performance management and effective delegation of duties.
Key Skills (Essential)
· People management experience; the ability to lead and manage a team
· Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
· Able to analyse problems and propose solutions
· Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
· Able to effectively prioritise workload
· develop internal and external business relationships based on mutual respect and professionalism
· Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their team
· Encourages knowledge sharing and best practice