£38,000 + Private Medical Insurance + Life Insurance + Pension + Flexible Benefits Package
Monday to Friday 9-5
Our client partners with governments to deliver critical health and human services programmes that improve the lives of citizens around the world. Since 1975, our proven solutions have helped governments achieve outcomes and increase the effectiveness of their programmes. With a passion for public service, we are dedicated to providing meaningful assistance to citizens.
We work hand-in-hand with our government partners to improve the lives of individuals around the world. Our commitment to social responsibility is at the heart of our mission of Helping Government Serve the People . We are committed to operating in a responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
In the UK, we carry out Work Capability Assessments for the Health Assessment Advisory Service. We do this on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). These assessments are designed to develop understanding of the specific impact an individual's long-term illness or disability has on their ability to work. They are an integral part of the process for claiming for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer's day to day life in performing work related activities. These assessments may be recorded.
- To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
- To provide comprehensive reports to enable Decision Makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and "best practice" are maintained in all areas of work.
- To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between CHDA and DWP and to respond positively to feedback.
- To undertake recorded assessments where required.
- To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know personal limitations and ask for support where necessary.
- To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner.
- Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both clinical colleagues and administrative support staff.
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the HCPC Code of Conduct.
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist with a minimum of two years broad based post registration experience. Recent, within the past five years, experience working with adults with a range of clinical conditions
- Demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development in accordance with the HCPC requirements for registration.
- IT literate with experience of using a range of software.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills and ability to successfully negotiate and respond to rapidly changing work environment
- Experience of change management and the ability to influence and negotiate successfully with a range of people by adopting a flexible approach to work
- Honesty, integrity and adherence to customer and client confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong customer focus, ensuring effective relationships and a quality service.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Have completed a hospital rotation to include neuro, respiratory and musculoskeletal
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Valid UK driving license
- To have completed ECDL or equivalent is desirable.
- Diversity and / or disability awareness training or formal qualification