Our client is part of Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Global are recruiting for a Senior Nurse to work on a medical ward. This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Duties and Roles:
- To take the lead on clinical shifts, in the absence of Ward Sister/Ward Manager and take responsibility for all aspects of ward management without supervision.
- Act as a role model for the ward team to encourage achievement of the highest clinical quality standards.
- To assist the Ward Sister/Ward Manager in delivering the Hospitals strategic objectives for the ward and nursing service generally.
- Deliver and supervise care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Registered with NMC at level 1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a department.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills.
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants balanced with skill to act as patient advocate.
Salary & Benefits:
- Company Healthcare Scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum